Recent Fibre Retreat
Well, I said I would post about the fibre retreat and there just never seems to be enough time. We all really had a great time and it was nice to see new groups forming and people going off for the day together. Here are some of the activities the participants enjoyed:
– biking around Tancook Island, asking locals where to buy suttles mats (proddy mats to anyone who doesn’t live on Tancook), and being taken in to a private home to buy mats for a steal.
– lobster supper at the Shore Club.
– shopping in Mahone Bay and Lunenburg (discounts were arranged for some stores).
– shopping in Gaspereau Valley Fibres.
– seeing the Bay of Fundy.
– hook-ins at both Spruce Top in Mahone Bay and the Hooked Rug Museum of North America.
– boat tour of Peggy’s Cove area.
– Peggy’s Cove.
– Halifax including Pier 21 and the cemetery where some of the Titanic graves are.
– a number of local restaurants were visited.
– visiting local friends.
– visiting and shopping at the Hooked Rug Museum of North America (lots of rugs were bought over the course of the week).
– finding little known artisans including the rock sculpture man.
We also had plenty of time to sit and knit, hook and talk. Sometimes the laughter was so loud I thought more people had come over. We did indeed have locals over to visit but the laughter was even louder after that.
All in all it was a great time with a great group of women. I am really looking forward to doing this again next year.